Sunday, February 1, 2009

How To Cook Everything Hot Chocolate


Hot Chocolate

From How to Cook Everything

4 servings

4 c. milk

¼ c. powdered cocoa

¼ c. sugar

Pinch salt

Blend the dry ingredients with about ½ c. of the milk over very low heat in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Whisk in the rest of the milk. Heat over medium low until hot. You can also substitute freshly brewed coffee for half or more of the milk!


Rating: A

Notes: Howsabout a teaspoon of vanilla mixed with cinnamon, added right at the end? Not too shabby for a cold winters breakfast! (Look, 58 degrees is cold for me.)

1 comment:

  1. dearest Becca, okay, so I don't know how I missed this OTHER blog of yours. whooooooooooopeis, how fun!!! I sent for a book that I got when I first got married. I HAT TO COOK BOOK by Peg Bracken. a riot of a read and some good recipes inside. I'll be back at this blog. THANK YOU!!! (OF COURSE LOVE YOUR WRITING)....and I got my blog fixed.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?