Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Joy of Cooking

It's just shocking hubris of me to think I can review "The Joy of Cooking."
So I won't, too much. I'll just turn to random pages and report:
ah, green tea ice cream...spicy seafood stew, rich butter pastry crust, broiled rabbit, eggnog, longan berries, deep frying, hot chocolate, purslane soup...
This book-- I'm getting choked up-- has changed my life.
I kept checking it out from the library but finally bought my own copy when the grease stains and flour lumps started to irritate the librarians. Now my copy is thoroughly greasy, lumpy, floury, and not even hardly broken in. It's absolutely my first reference (totally launching "Better Homes" right out of the water) for cooking anything. The recipes are practically infallible.
I heart "The Joy of Cooking."
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?